Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Educational Conference


Hi everyone!  My name is Rachel, and I am a P2 here at PCSP.  

At the beginning of October, I had the opportunity to attend the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Educational Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio.  AMCP is a pharmacy organization that focuses on providing the best possible care to patients through drug monitoring programs and reducing patient cost.  AMCP is a new organization to PCSP, and we had 2 faculty members and 6 students attend this meeting!  We were able to attend a session the first day, where we focused on presentation skills.  This session was very informative and helped me focus on areas that I can improve.  We also attended sessions on Medicare Fraud, special topics in oncology, and pharmacogenomics.  We even had special attendance from Billy Bradley, former congressional representative and NBA star, and the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals mascots!  

The most important session that I attended was the Residency Showcase.  I mingled with professionals from all over the country to discuss career options in the realm of managed care, as well as discuss residency options after graduation.  If you decide to attend pharmacy school, I encourage you attend these professional meetings.  These meetings help you network with people from all over the country, increase awareness within the profession, and give you an opportunity to interact with your classmates and professors outside of the classroom.  I had a wonderful time in Cincinnati and look forward to attending my next meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment